Sunday 18 September 2011

Persona 4: First Impressions

So I finally got Persona 4 and I am lending a PS2 console from a good friend.As I sit im my chair with a (working) PS2 controller, 2 Power Play energy drinks and a bag of chips I am ready to play this monster of a game.
OK. I am now 1 hour into the game and the one thing that II have noticed is that Persona 4 takes a long time to start and the reason I say that is because in Persona 3 Portable you are thrown right into the fight very early in the game,but in Persona 4 it takes you a whole hour to get your persona. This is by no means a bad thing, I actually prefer Persona 4s method because it has a massive build up and it is amazingly satisfying when you get your first persona and fight your first boss.

Persona 3s method was effective but it wasn't built up so it felt really random. In Persona 4 you spend about 2-4 days just meeting new characters and learning about them.I have met about.....7 main characters, here are the names:
 
Yosuke Hanamura
Chie Satonaka
Teddie
Igor
Yukiko Amagi
Margaret
Nanako
and your uncle whose name escapes me lol

These characters are incredibly interesting and have a lot of depth to them, but probably the most interesting about them is that they are not who they seem to be in the beginning.What I mean by this is that for your "team" members to get their personas, they have to face their TRUE self. example. Yosuke seems like a happy-go-lucky guy that is terrified that people are getting murdered but in actual fact, he is bored all the time,thinks everyone is a pain in the ass and gets exited when the murders start to occur. This adds a whole new layer of depth to the game and its only the first hour of the game, OMG I am soo exited for the rest of this game. Persona 4 is a 60+ hour game that draws you in right from the start.

As soon as I complete the game I will do a review on it for you guys.Remember to check out my youtube channel at XCoalTrainXZA .PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment