Thursday 8 September 2011

Girl Gamers and My Youtube Channel

The guy that sent this is a fucking idiot
There is a certain topic in the gaming world that has been talked about a lot but never fully understood,that topic is Girl Gamers.Gaming has always been considered something only guys do, but that assumption is completely wrong.Haven't you ever wondered why why girls aren't as interested in gaming as we are? There are multiple answers to this question and I will be discussing a few of them. One of the reasons are the way we treat girl gamers online.using terms such as "make me a sandwich" or "shouldn't you be in the kitchen" has polluted the online community and has made it difficult for girls to play games online,if anyone uses any of these comments online or offline, they are considered a instant dick.Girls can be better than guys at games but we don't want to believe it.

Why would someone send this to a girl???
The second issue is introducing the female audience to gaming and keeping them there.Have you noticed that most of the protagonists in games are guys? this has a surprising effect because this is why girls assume that games are not for them,and even when the protagonist is a girl, the girl is mainly there for the guys pleasure (and what I mean by that is that the female protagonist is a big boobed idiot that makes sexual sounds and moves). When girls see use playing these types of games they are generally put off by this and have a bad image of games in their head. Game industries have noticed this issue and have done what they can to make games a bit more female friendly.

If you think that the average gamer is a 15-30 year old male then your assumption is in some sense wrong, let me explain what I mean by that.Since the rise of casual games,the amount of girl gamers has increased greatly in recent years.All those girls playing Sims,Farmville and Zuma greatly outnumber the amount of people playing Call of duty or Halo. This is NOT a bad thing, its everything but bad, because if girls continue to play these types of games will eventually move on to the Halos, CODs and the Dead Risings.Unfortunately the small majority of girls gamers are very scarce in stores, but you do get those girls gamers that are counting the days till Skyrims release.In some ways these girls are alienated from other girls because of their hobby.Let me give you a example.I was at one of these casual family get togethers and the guys were talking about guy stuff and the women were talking about women stuff, but then a women came over and she was a gamer and a game reviewer. All the men were interested about her job and wanted to talk to her, but then when she wanted to talk to the women they had nothing to say to here and ignored her (btw.this is a true story but it didn't happen in my family)


At the end of the day we would love for women to join us in halo and call of duty matches,it would just make things more fun and would open up more conversation options.If you try to talk to a girl about games thing will get awkward fast.Hopefully all this will change in the near future and there won't be anymore gender lines drawn in the gaming culture.

The last thing thing I would like to talk about in this post is about my youtube channel.I started a youtube channel about me collecting games and gaming/anime swag.The videos have been coming in at a very slow rate and that is because I have no money and no time to actually produce these videos, but I am starting to make more.I currently have 2 videos on my channel, so check them out, and subscribe.Here is a link to my channel XCoalTrainXZA's youtube channel

 To conclude this post I would like to thank you guys for reading my blog.PEACE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment