Tuesday 6 September 2011

Time Management and Money Issues

Ever since this year started I knew that I would not have as much time as I used to have to play games and do all the things I wanted to do, But I never knew that it would be as bad as it is right now.I bought the X-Box 360 game Resonance of Fate almost 5 months ago and I have yet to complete it.When I got the game I was very exited to play it because of its unique and very challenging gameplay.I only managed to complete a small section of the game and it had me wanting to play more, but the fact is that I can't because I was to busy doing other shit that I wasn't able to play anymore of the game.Hopefully I can use this upcoming holiday to catch up on some well deserved gaming.Time management doesn't just effect us gamers, it also effects everyone else that has a specific hobby or something similar. 

My second point is the amount of money issues that a South African gamer faces everyday (or should I say every release date....). I got a friend who's birthday just passed, he managed to gain a large sum of money from friends and family.Now considering the large amount of games releasing between mow and December, The problem is that even though he has money, he still can't afford most of the games that he wants to get before the holiday season. This is a huge problem for South African Gamers because certain games seem to disappear in an instant. A good example of this is the game Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 for the xbox 360, there was only 1 store you could pre-order the game from and one day after the games release it was gone, and it was seriously gone,there was no chance in hell that you would find that game in stores here.I was lucky enough to find this game on Take Alot.com, you might have to go to their UK department and it might cost you a arm or a leg, but if your a dedicated collector like me,you will get this game. 

I managed to do a quick survey at school, asking gamers what they think makes a game good. I was very pleased with the results. The majority of them said that its the story that makes a game good,some said that it was the gameplay and 2 of them said that graphics are what makes a game great.I also think that its the story that makes or breaks a game, because even if the game looks bad you will still want to finish it because the story already drew you in,same goes if the gameplay is bad.If you think back to the NES days and the days of arcades you will understand what I mean,those games looked like shit but were still amazing and kept eating our coins.

I'm going to conclude this post by saying that I have just ordered Persona 4 on Take Alot.com.I will have a review up as soon as possible.


If you have yet to see what Persona 4 looks and sounds like, here is the opening cinematic to the game.Enjoy. PEACE.

1 comment: